Effective treatment of neurodegenerative and neurological diseases remains a high unmet need. This problem is only set to grow in size as the population ages; if left unchecked, more than 12 million people will be struggling with neurodegenerative diseases in the United States alone by 2050.
Incidence of neurodegenerative disease in United States. Source: Harvard NeuroDiscovery Center
• >35 years of pharmaceutical company experience • 13 years as President & CEO, BioDelivery Sciences (NASDAQ: BDSI) • 17 years at GSK including Vice President of Development • EVP, Corporate Development at PPD.
• University of Georgia, Professor & Director, Regenerative Bioscience Center • Co-Founder, Former CSO and CEO of Advanced Cell Technology and Cytogenesis Inc. • 30 years of research work in stem cells and exosomes.
• >20 years of process development, cell manufacturing and business development experience • Directed first commercialized hPSC neural cell line at Aruna Bio • Expertise in process management.
• >30 years of Pharma experience in sales, marketing, business development and investor/ public relations • Former SVP, Corporate & Business Development for BioDelivery Sciences • 12 years at GSK in sales and marketing.
• Board-certified neurologist with >29 years of clinical and drug development experience • Former Medical Director at Parexel, Biogen, Vertex and Sage Therapeutics • Clinical trial investigator for neurologic disease.