Aruna Bio is advancing a new class of cell-free biologics, exosomes, for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) and neurodegenerative disorders and leveraging our novel platform to optimize the delivery of RNAs, antibodies, genes, and small molecules for our partners. Through this platform and our partners, we strive to improve outcomes for neurodegenerative, genetic, and rare diseases. Aruna Bio currently offers a wide range of full-time employee benefits that include: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance options Generous Paid Time Off Generous Holiday calendar Employee retirement plan Employee training and professional development opportunities If you are energetic, highly motivated, and want to work in a fast-paced, team-focused environment, then Aruna Bio wants to hear from you. The company is currently seeking to fill the following position
• Assist in all aspects of in vivo studies including material preparation; administering materials through intranasal, intravenous, intraperitoneal and other routes of administration; post-operative care; animal sacrifice; organ extraction; tissue processing and analysis • Support the development of research experiments, develop protocols and execute while under the supervision of a Research Scientist. • Adhere to SOPs and established Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) guidelines
• Precisely execute highly technical laboratory processes
• Maintain detailed records of experimental design and results • Troubleshoot experimental results
• Work independently and as part of a broader research group to design and perform experiments aligned to advance corporate strategy.
• Assist in daily laboratory operation and maintenance including preparing and ordering necessary reagents and supplies, equipment maintenance and other periodic lab activities
• Manage multiple tasks simultaneously with limited supervision
• Analyze and report data under the supervision of a Research Scientist
• Contribute to experimental reports and present data in cross-functional meetings
• Participate in occasional weekend work
Position Description: Research Associate II – CNS Targeting and Drug Delivery
We are seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and highly motivated researcher to support Aruna Bio’s Drug Delivery and Early Discovery team with developing new exosome-based therapeutics for neurological diseases. The candidate will be responsible for assisting in the execution of in vivo studies to further expand Aruna’s proprietary exosomes platform including assisting with the development of therapeutic payload-specific drug delivery product models. The ideal candidate will have developed expertise in all aspects of rodent studies, including administering test articles through various routes of administration, organ extraction and tissue processing. This is an ideal position for a researcher who possesses a curiosity and passion to explore new areas of biology, envision new breakthrough therapies, and has a strong desire to gain experience in drug discovery. The position requires excellent communication skills, the desire to learn about and integrate multiple aspects of drug development in the rapidly evolving field of exosomes. The selected individual is expected to be a self-starter. The successful candidate is one who can work independently with minimal supervision and who possess and demonstrates excellence as a member of a highly collaborative team and who has a proven ability to execute and prioritize multiple experiments in parallel.
• Experience with animal handling, test article administration, surgery, and tissue collections required • Advanced proficiency in use of laboratory equipment such as pipettors, balances, laminar flow hoods, incubators, autoclaves, centrifuges, and plate readers. • Proficiency in operating instrumentation, such as microscopy, nanoparticle tracking analysis devices, and/or flow cytometry is highly desirable • Demonstrated ability to work independently • Proven productivity working as a member of a highly collaborative cross-functional team • Successfully manage multiple tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment • Demonstrated attention to detail and time management are essential along with strong written and verbal communication skills • Demonstrate excellent organization skills and ability to manage large amounts of technical data and documentation • Advanced ability to conduct literature searches on PubMed, Google Scholar, etc. • Proficiency with standard computer software as well as statistical software (JMP or Graphpad Prism) Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Neuroscience, Biological, Biochemical Engineering, or related discipline and 5 years of direct laboratory experience in industry may be considered. Candidates with a master’s degree and 2 years of post-graduate industry experience are preferred. Preferred Experience: Applicants with demonstrated ability to design and lead in vivo studies, drug delivery and relevant neuroscience experience are preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: Research Associate II – CNS Targeting and Drug Delivery