Aruna Bio is advancing a new class of cell-free biologics, exosomes, for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) and neurodegenerative disorders and leveraging our novel platform to optimize the delivery of RNAs, antibodies, genes, and small molecules for our partners. Through this platform and our partners, we strive to improve outcomes for neurodegenerative, genetic, and rare diseases. Aruna Bio currently offers a wide range of full-time employee benefits that include: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance options Generous Paid Time Off Generous Holiday calendar Employee retirement plan Employee training and professional development opportunities If you are energetic, highly motivated, and want to work in a fast-paced, team-focused environment, then Aruna Bio wants to hear from you. The company is currently seeking to fill the following position
• Assist in all aspects of in vivo studies including material preparation; administering materials through intranasal, intravenous, intraperitoneal and other routes of administration; post-operative care; animal sacrifice; organ extraction; tissue processing and analysis • Support the development of research experiments, develop protocols and execute while under the supervision of a Research Scientist. • Adhere to SOPs and established Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) guidelines
• Precisely execute highly technical laboratory processes
• Maintain detailed records of experimental design and results • Troubleshoot experimental results
• Work independently and as part of a broader research group to design and perform experiments aligned to advance corporate strategy.
• Assist in daily laboratory operation and maintenance including preparing and ordering necessary reagents and supplies, equipment maintenance and other periodic lab activities
• Manage multiple tasks simultaneously with limited supervision
• Analyze and report data under the supervision of a Research Scientist
• Contribute to experimental reports and present data in cross-functional meetings
• Participate in occasional weekend work
Position Description: Research Associate II – CNS Targeting and Drug Delivery
The Quality Assurance Associate II is responsible for supporting GMP and GLP activities, reporting to a QA supervisor or manager, with work occasionally directed. The QA associate II will gain exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Activities include routine quality assurance activities associated with manufacturing andtesting, quality system maintenance and improvement initiatives, and complianceto GMP quality and regulatory standards.
• Experience with animal handling, test article administration, surgery, and tissue collections required • Advanced proficiency in use of laboratory equipment such as pipettors, balances, laminar flow hoods, incubators, autoclaves, centrifuges, and plate readers. • Proficiency in operating instrumentation, such as microscopy, nanoparticle tracking analysis devices, and/or flow cytometry is highly desirable • Demonstrated ability to work independently • Proven productivity working as a member of a highly collaborative cross-functional team • Successfully manage multiple tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment • Demonstrated attention to detail and time management are essential along with strong written and verbal communication skills • Demonstrate excellent organization skills and ability to manage large amounts of technical data and documentation • Advanced ability to conduct literature searches on PubMed, Google Scholar, etc. • Proficiency with standard computer software as well as statistical software (JMP or Graphpad Prism) Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Neuroscience, Biological, Biochemical Engineering, or related discipline and 5 years of direct laboratory experience in industry may be considered. Candidates with a master’s degree and 2 years of post-graduate industry experience are preferred. Preferred Experience: Applicants with demonstrated ability to design and lead in vivo studies, drug delivery and relevant neuroscience experience are preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/CV to: email@example.com Subject line: Research Associate II – CNS Targeting and Drug Delivery