Aruna Bio is advancing a new class of cell-free biologics, exosomes, for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) and neurodegenerative disorders and leveraging our novel platform to optimize the delivery of RNAs, antibodies, genes, and small molecules for our partners. Through this platform and our partners, we strive to improve outcomes for neurodegenerative, genetic, and rare diseases.
• Perform routine, pre-operative, and post-operative care of rodents
• Perform technical procedures under supervision
• Collect and process biological samples under supervision
• Administer experimental therapeutics to rodents using multiple routes of administration under supervision
• Perform rodent behavioral assessments and collect/analyze data
• Perform literature searches and assist in the design of pharmacology studies
• Evaluate daily animal health while maintaining accurate, legible, and detailed records
• Follow established protocols and maintain comprehensive documentation of research procedures meeting Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) requirements • Manage multiple tasks simultaneously with limited supervision
• Skillfully and accurately use a variety of equipment such as balances, pipettors, autoclaves, hot bead sterilizer, microscopes, anesthesia equipment, and behavioral apparatus
• Perform occasional work outside of the normal business hours, including weekend work
• Complete and maintains job-specific certification and/or training as provided
• Comply with Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) regulations and guidelines
Nonclinical Research Associate I
The Nonclinical Research Associate I contributes to Research and Development (R&D) efforts at Aruna Bio with emphasis on evaluating neural exosomes as a potential treatment for acute ischemic stroke. This position reports to the Nonclinical Research Scientist. This individual must work collegially as a part of a larger team and requires the individual to carry out complex tasks with direct supervision. We are seeking a biologist or pharmaceutical scientist with in vivo research experience in rodents. The successful candidate would participate in in vivo pharmacology and toxicology studies at Aruna Bio by performing duties such as assisting during surgeries, administering experimental therapeutics, conducting behavioral evaluations, collecting biological samples, assisting with study design, and organizing data.
• Nonclinical research experience such as tissue collections, test article administration, and/or behavioral testing in a small animal laboratory setting • Exceptionally self-motivated and results-driven while demonstrating personal accountability • Outstanding organizational and documentation skills with strict attention to detail • Demonstrated calmness and clarity of thought under pressure • Proven ability to multi-task and meet multiple high priority deadlines • Strong written and verbal communication skills • Proven ability to work both independently and in a team setting • Proficient in data entry including programs/software such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel Education: A bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, pharmaceutical science, or similar discipline with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a small animal laboratory is required. The ideal candidate would have biopharmaceutical industry experience in a GLP-compliant laboratory.
Qualified candidates submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: Nonclinical Research Associate I