Aruna Bio is advancing a new class of cell-free biologics, exosomes, for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) and neurodegenerative disorders and leveraging our novel platform to optimize the delivery of RNAs, antibodies, genes, and small molecules for our partners. Through this platform and our partners, we strive to improve outcomes for neurodegenerative, genetic, and rare diseases.
Aruna Bio currently offers a wide range of full-time employee benefits that include:
• Medical/Dental/Vision insurance options
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Generous Holiday calendar
• Employee retirement plan
• Employee training and professional development opportunities
• Coordinate and maintain the operations of the research laboratories o Oversee all installments, deliveries, inventory maintenance
o Coordinate laboratory personnel safety training and conduct safety trainings as appropriate and maintain safety training records for all laboratory staff
• Responsible for maintenance of all laboratory safety protocols
• Provide consistent and timely safety communications to all incumbents utilizing the spaces
• Interact on a regular basis with staff, researchers, management, and external visitors/vendors
• Communicate with vendors and coordinate and reconcile deliveries against purchase orders and troubleshoot receivables issues
• Communicate with vendors regarding damaged or missing receivables
• Stock laboratory supplies • Coordinate facility maintenance for large projects • Maintain laboratory facilities and ensure safety, cleanliness, and labs are well organized
• Coordinate maintenance, installation, and acquisition of equipment for the laboratory
• Maintain equipment service contracts with vendors
• Manage the chemical inventory compliance requirements for the labs
• Oversee the proper disposal of hazardous chemicals in the labs
• Coordinate the purchasing of all general use lab consumables, including but not limited to PPE. • Monitor lab equipment performance and usage; and perform other related duties as assigned.
• Aid with maintaining facilities other than laboratories.
• Requires occasional weekend and evening work
Laboratory Facilities Coordinator
We are seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and highly motivated and organized laboratory facilities coordinator to support Aruna Bio’s rapidly expanding research team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination and maintenance of the research laboratories facilities that shall include but not be limited to inventory maintenance, deliveries, material stocking, safety training and record maintenance and installation and maintenance of all laboratory equipment.
Qualifications: • Knowledge of laboratory safety practices and OSHA standards • Writing and administering/publishing lab safety protocols • Highly organized with a proven record of precise document record keeping. • Knowledge of laboratory equipment applications • Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral • Excellent presentation skills • Proven ability to successfully multi-task with limited supervision • Excellent organizational and documentation skills, with strict attention to detail • Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft suite, Excel, and PowerPoint • Excellent problem-solving skills • Proven success working collaboratively in a team environment • Working knowledge of Environmental Health Safety programs and requirements Physical requirements: • Must be able to lift 40 pounds or more • Requires reaching, standing, climbing, and sitting. Education and Experience: Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in a biological science with 0-1 years related experience. Candidates with an associate degree and 3 years laboratory facilities coordination may be considered.
Qualified candidates submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: Laboratory Facilities Coordinator