Aruna Bio is advancing a new class of cell-free biologics, exosomes, for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) and neurodegenerative disorders and leveraging our novel platform to optimize the delivery of RNAs, antibodies, genes, and small molecules for our partners. Through this platform and our partners, we strive to improve outcomes for neurodegenerative, genetic, and rare diseases.
• Set up, execute, and monitor experiments related to downstream process development
• Monitor software or equipment malfunction as well as experiment errors
• Participate in root-cause analyses to determine the source of error
• Perform characterization assays measuring critical quality product attributes
• Monitor multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
• Perform bioprocess workflows that include downstream biologics processes
• Assist in bioprocess workflows that include mammalian cell culture
• Follow established standard operating procedures and complete required documentation in a clear, concise, format according to proper GDPs, using GMP batch records and corporate forms and protocols.
• Skillfully and accurately operate laboratory equipment such as pipettors, balances, biosafety cabinets, incubators, autoclaves, microscopes, centrifuges
• Safe handling, storage, and maintainance of chemicals according to Environmental Safety Division and OSHA regulations
• Assist in daily operation and maintenance of the manufacturing facility
• Maintain detailed records that are legible, accurate, and readily understood
• Participate in occasional weekend work
• Interact with senior laboratory personnel to review progress and present results
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by Management
BioProcess Development Associate I
The Bioprocess Development Associate I supports the development of Aruna’s established purification processes and development/optimization of processes for new project-specific purification development strategies. The position requires the individual to carry out tasks with an advanced degree of detail, and document all process development operations. The individual will be responsible for executing experiments supporting downstream bioprocessing process improvement from bench-to-bioprocessing platform. The individual also serves as a member of the Biomanufacturing Team and is required to function as an active member,as needed, during standard bioprocessing workflows.
• Experience in executing downstream processes from bench to pilot-scale; with preferably some experience working in cGMP manufacturing or regulated environment and/or a good understanding of regulatory/quality requirements. • Work experience in an industry that complies with cGMP is highly preferred • Strict attention to detail • Excellent written and oral communication skills • Exceptional organizational and documentation skills • Demonstrated ability to work productively in a team environment is a must • Proven ability to multi-task and meet multiple high priority deadlines • Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision, demonstrating personal accountability • Proficient in data entry including programs/software such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel • A bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, protein chemistry, or related field and a minimum of 0-1 years of experience in a related position at a biotech or pharmaceutical company. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry or protein chemistry and a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a related position in an academic laboratory may be considered. Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, protein chemistry, or related field and a minimum of 0-1 years of experience in a related position at a biotech or pharmaceutical company.
Qualified candidates submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com Subject line: Bioprocess Development Associate I