Aruna Bio is advancing a new class of cell-free biologics, exosomes, for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) and neurodegenerative disorders and leveraging our novel platform to optimize the delivery of RNAs, antibodies, genes, and small molecules for our partners. Through this platform and our partners, we strive to improve outcomes for neurodegenerative, genetic, and rare diseases.
If you are energetic, highly motivated, and want to work in a fast-paced, team-focused environment, then Aruna Bio wants to hear from you. The company is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Perform all upstream and downstream bioprocess workflows and ensure compliance with established standards, including mammalian cell culture, TFF systems, and chromatography columns.
• Follow established standard operating procedures and complete required documentation following proper GxP recording of entries in batch records, forms and protocols.
• Maintain detailed records that are legible, accurate and readily understood.
• Skillfully and accurately operate laboratory equipment such as pipettors, balances, biosafety cabinets, incubators, autoclaves, microscopes, centrifuges.
• Execute media and buffer preparation for mammalian cell culture using sterile technique.
• Safe handling, storage, and maintenance of chemicals according to Environmental Safety Division and OSHA regulations.
• Participate in occasional weekend work.
• Works independently on specified tasks as defined by Supervisor.
• Good communication skills and professional/technically proficient.
• Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner.
• May supervise and assist research staff.
• Makes decisions within guidelines and policies.
• Provides sound problem-solving skills to complex issues.
• Educates self and others on complex issues and gains support for ideas.
• Impact within related departments and across some teams.
• May lead small to mid-sized projects with minimal to moderate risks and resource/financial requirements.
• Communicates and plans manufacturing material needs, plans and coordinates supply orders, and handles non-standard requests.
• Collaborate with process development on technical transfer issues.
• Obtains quotes and negotiates pricing for bulk supply orders and equipment.
BioProcess Associate II - Downstream
The BioProcess Associate 2 – Downstream supports the downstream manufacturing efforts of ArunA Bio, and must work collegially and collaboratively as part of a larger team. The position requires the individual to carry out manufacturing procedures with an advanced degree of detail in accordance to established SOPs, cGMPs, and safety regulations. The individual will be responsible for performing and documenting production operations and monitoring.
Experience and qualifications:
Hands on industrial and/or academic laboratory experience with the operation of all area- specific production equipment such as pilot and commercial scale chromatography columns, TFF systems and filtration technologies, is highly preferred. • Hands on industrial and/or academic laboratory experience with aseptic mammalian cell culture. • Broad knowledge of theories and principles utilized to solve operational, as well as routine tasks in the downstream production of cell-free biologics. • Work experience in an industry that complies with cGMP is highly preferred. • Strict attention to detail. • Excellent written and oral communication skills. • Exceptional organizational and documentation skills. • Demonstrated ability to work productively in a team environment is a must. • Proven ability to multi-task and meet multiple high priority deadlines. • Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision, demonstrating personal accountability. • Proficient in data entry including programs/software such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. • Requires demonstrated knowledge of moderate to complex concepts gained through experience and/or education. • Requires business and technical knowledge within discipline and understanding of key business drivers. • Good communication skills and professional/technically proficient. • A bachelor’s degree in relevant field with 3-4 years direct and/or relevant experience or Master’s degree in relevant field plus 1-2 years relevant experience. Candidate with an associate degree in relevant field and a minimum 4 years relevant experience may be considered. Education: A bachelor’s degree in relevant field with 3-4 years direct and/or relevant experience or Master’s degree in relevant field plus 1-2 years relevant experience. Candidate with an associate degree in relevant field and a minimum 4 years relevant experience may be considered.
Qualified candidates submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: Bioprocess Associate II - Downstream