Aruna Bio is advancing a new class of cell-free biologics, exosomes, for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) and neurodegenerative disorders and leveraging our novel platform to optimize the delivery of RNAs, antibodies, genes, and small molecules for our partners. Through this platform and our partners, we strive to improve outcomes for neurodegenerative, genetic, and rare diseases. If you are energetic, highly motivated, and want to work in a fast-paced, team-focused environment, then Aruna Bio wants to hear from you. The company is currently seeking to fill the following position:
• Perform all upstream and downstream bioprocess workflows and ensure compliance with established standards, including mammalian cell culture, TFF systems, and chromatography columns.
• Follow established protocols and complete required documentation following proper cGMP and GMP recording of entries in batch records, forms and protocols
• Maintain detailed records that are legible, accurate and readily understood.
• Skillfully and accurately operate laboratory equipment such as pipettors, balances, biosafety cabinets, incubators, autoclaves, microscopes, centrifuges
• Execute media and buffer preparation for mammalian cell culture using sterile technique
• Safe handling, storage, and maintainance of chemicals according to Environmental Safety Division and OSHA regulations
• Participate in occasional weekend work
• Works under guidance with responsibilities generally within established parameters. • Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
• May instruct other lab personnel in techniques. • Makes decisions on prioritzing work may perform some assignments independently as approved.
• Requires analysis of possible solutions to solve a range of problems
• Gains support for solutions in standard or small scale issues.
• Impact within related departments
• May lead small projects with minimal to moderate risks and resource/financial requirements
• Communicates and plans research material needs, plans and coordinates supply orders, and handles non-standard requests.
BioProcess Associate 1 - Downstream
The BioProcess Associate 1 – Downstream supports the downstream bioprocess efforts of ArunA Bio, and must work collegially and collaboratively as part of a larger team. The position requires the individual to carry out bioprocess procedures with an advanced degree of detail in accordance to established protocols, cGMPs, and safety regulations. The individual will be responsible for performing and documenting production operations and monitoring process workflows.
Experienc, Qualifications and Education
• Hands on industrial and/or academic laboratory experience with aseptic mammalian cell culture. • Hands on industrial and/or academic laboratory experience with the operation of all area-specific production equipment such as pilot and commercial scale chromatography columns, TFF systems and filtration technologies, is highly preferred but not required. • Work experience in an industry that complies with cGMP is highly preferred • Strict attention to detail • Excellent written and oral communication skills • Exceptional organizational and documentation skills • Demonstrated ability to work productively in a team environment is a must • Proven ability to multi-task and meet multiple high priority deadlines • Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision, demonstrating personal accountability • Proficient in data entry including programs/software such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel • Entry-level postion requires technical knowledge of core position requirements. • Requires business and or technical knowldege developed through education or past experience. • A minimum associate’s degree and 2 years experience in relevant field (biomanufacturing, quality, or biology) or bachelor’s degree in relevant field plus 1 year of relevant research experience Education: A minimum associate’s degree and 2 years experience in relevant field (bioprocessing, quality, or biology) or bachelor’s degree in relevant field plus 1 year of relevant research experience.
Qualified candidates submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com Subject line: Bioprocess Associate 1 - Downstream