Aruna Bio is advancing a new class of cell-free biologics, exosomes, for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) and neurodegenerative disorders and leveraging our novel platform to optimize the delivery of RNAs, antibodies, genes, and small molecules for our partners. Through this platform and our partners, we strive to improve outcomes for neurodegenerative, genetic, and rare diseases.
• Precisely execute highly technical laboratory processes, including but not limited to performing assays under established SOPs
• Support the development of research experiments, develop protocols and execute while under the supervision of a Research Scientist. • Adhere to SOPs and established Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) guidelines
• Maintain detailed records of experimental design and results • Troubleshoot experimental results
• Work independently and as part of a broader research group to design and perform experiments aligned to advance corporate strategy.
• Assist in daily laboratory operation and maintenance including prepare and order necessary reagents and supplies, equipment maintenance and other periodic lab activities
• Manage multiple tasks simultaneously with limited supervision
• Analyze and report data under the supervision of a Research Scientist
• Contribute to experimental reports and present data in cross-functional meetings
• Participate in occasional weekend work
Assistant Research Scientist – Drug Delivery and Early Discovery
The candidate will be responsible for supporting development programs in our pipeline including assisting with the development of therapeutic payload-specific drug delivery product models. This is an ideal position for a researcher who possesses a curiosity and passion to explore new areas of biology, envision new breakthrough therapies, and has a strong desire to gain experience in drug discovery. The position requires excellent communication skills, the desire to learn about and integrate multiple aspects of drug development in the rapidly evolving field of exosomes. The selected individual is expected to be a self-starter. The successful candidate is one who can work independently with minimal supervision and who possess and demonstrates excellence as a member of a highly collaborative team and who has a proven ability to execute and prioritize multiple experiments in parallel.
• Expertise in molecular biology, biochemistry, and mammalian cell culture techniques is required (e.g., Western blots, ELISAs, PCR, immunohistochemistry, passaging cells, cytotoxicity assays, etc.) • Proficient in common chromatography separation (affinity, ion exchange, mixed mode, hydrophobic interaction) and filtration methods. • Advanced proficiency in operating instrumentation, such as microscopy, nanoparticle tracking analysis devices, and/or flow cytometry is highly desirable. • Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint. • Proven ability to manage multiple projects while meeting high priority deadlines. • Demonstrated productivity and professionalism while working in a team environment and ability to coordinate activities across the team. • Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision, demonstrating personal accountability • Demonstrated attention to detail and time management are essential along with strong written and verbal communication skills • Demonstrated excellent organization skills and ability to manage large amounts of technical data and documentation • Advanced ability to conduct literature searches on PubMed, Google Scholar, etc. • Proficiency with standard computer software as well as statistical software (JMP or GraphPad Prism) Education and Experience: Typically requires a PhD in a biomedical science with 0+ years of related experience with neuroscience, biological or biochemical engineering, and assay development. Candidates with prior experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical setting will be given top consideration.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/CV to: email@example.com Subject line: Assistant Research Scientist – Drug Delivery and Early Discovery